What you need to know:
On October 11, 2018, Lacombe County Council amended the pdf Community Standards Bylaw (No 1287/18 (275 KB) ) to reflect the enforcement of cannabis following legalization on October 17, 2018. The Government of Alberta gave municipalities the authority to set out their own rules on the smoking and vaping of cannabis products, Lacombe County met with the public to get their input during the Cannabis in Your Community public engagement campaign.
Lacombe County regulations:
- Cannabis consumption in the form of smoking and vaping is not permitted in any public place
- This includes community halls, sports fields, public open spaces (trails, nature reserves, parks, and green spaces), beaches, playgrounds, and anywhere else that the public are permitted to access.
- The County does not regulate cannabis use on private property, where the public does not have access.
Federal and Provincial Regulations:
- The minimum age for purchase and consumption of cannabis in Alberta is 18 years old
- Driving while under the influence of cannabis is illegal
- Having cannabis within reach inside a vehicle is not allowed
- 30 grams of dried cannabis is the most you can buy or carry at a time
- A maximum of four cannabis plants can be grown in a single household
- Cannabis can only be purchased from licensed stores or albertacannabis.org
- Children are not allowed to enter cannabis stores, even with an adult