In light of the Government of Alberta’s updated response to the COVID-19 Pandemic, Lacombe & District FCSS has made the difficult decision to discontinue most services and only operate essential services until further notice. Our office staff will be answering phone calls and responding to community inquiries during this time.
“The decision was not taken lightly; however the health and safety of our community is of the utmost importance,” said FCSS Director Susan MacDonald. “I realize this is a very stressful time for all of us, especially our seniors and those with limited resources and supports.”
FCSS staff will be contacting all clients to provide them with the following changes to services, effective Tuesday, March 17, 2020:
- The delivery of the Hot Meals on Wheels program is cancelled until further notice. The program will offer “Frozen Meals” for seniors and those who are shut-in.
- The Home Support Program, which provides light housekeeping is cancelled until further notice.
- The Volunteer Income Tax Program is cancelled until further notice.
- Connex Transportation Service will continue to provide specialized transportation service for seniors and special needs clients to attend medical appointments and weekly dialysis treatments in Red Deer. Connex will not be offering the weekly CO-OP shopping free rides, but individuals may call in and book an appointment to go grocery shopping.
- FCSS will continue to service our Lifeline clients if any emergency or equipment concerns should arise.
During this time of social distancing, FCSS encourages family members and caregivers to check in on their family members. Family and community church supports will be extremely important during this medical emergency.
Please note for medication needs, all pharmacies in Lacombe do receive prescription order and provide delivery service.
FCSS will remain in contact with clients and reach out to others to ensure the essential services important to daily life are being met. FCSS is in contact with the City of Lacombe Emergency Management Team and the Provincial health authorities, who will guide the community response to this pandemic.
The Lacombe & District FCSS office will be answering phone calls regarding services and assisting with any community inquiries and supports. The office can be reached by calling (403) 782-6637, Monday to Friday from 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and 1:30 p.m. to 4 p.m. or by email at .